- What is RFT?
- Becoming an RFT Seller
- Open your shop
- Managing your shop
- What can I sell on RFT
- Orders and Shipping
- Shopping on RFT
- How to Contact a Shop
- How to track your order
- How to check out as a guest
- How to use a coupon code
- Payment options
1.What is RFT?
RFT is a global online marketplace, where fishing enthusiast come together to make, sell and buy fishing gear.
RFT has no warehouse – just creators selling fishing items for all your fishing needs. We make the process easy from selling to buying by helping you connect directly with the makers.
2. Becoming an RFT Seller
Interested in selling on RFT? Welcome!
Open your shop
You can create your shop by clicking on the link Create Store on the top right corner of RFT homepage. After creating your account, add your profile picture and bio to let other people in the RFT community know who you are.
To open your RFT shop:
- Click Create Store at the top right of Reelfishingteam.com.
- Fill out your login info under Register and choose I’m a vendor.
- You’ll receive an email for verify your email.
Once your shop is open, you can setup your shop banner, logo, shop announcement, about section, shop members and shop polices.
Once you’ve completed all your shop sections, you are ready to start adding products to your RFT shop. When you add a product to your RFT shop, we call this a listing.
RFT doesn’t require sellers to have a business license to sell on RFT. However, when selling on RFT you’re required to follow any laws that apply to you as a small business selling online. If you have any questions regarding which laws apply to you, please contact a qualified professional.
Manage your shop
After you’ve listed your items in your shop, there are other factors to manage as your business develops and grows.
Tips for managing your shop:
- Make sure you follow customer service best practices.
- Learn what to do when you make your first sale.
- Manage your shop by using your vendor dashboard.
- Take a break from your shop when needed.
What can I sell on RFT
Everything on listed for sale on RFT must be fishing related and must be handmade by you, vintage, or a craft supply.
Handmade items must be made and designed by you, the seller.
Rules on handmade items:
- Physically made
- Use your own photographs in your listings.
Vintage items must be at least 20 years old.
Craft supplies are materials for the use of creating an item.
Listings that violate RFT’s Intellectual Property Policy
As a venue, RFT isn’t in a position to offer legal advice or determine whether your shop content infringes someone else’s intellectual property.
If you’re not sure if your item(s) infringe someone’s intellectual property, you can contact the intellectual property owner or consult an attorney.
If RFT receives proper notice of intellectual property infringement, we will comply with our policy and remove the specified material.
Orders and shipping
Vendors are responsible for customers orders and shipping in a timely matter. Vendors must let customers know there processing time to fulfill an order in the description of the listing.
Vendors can set there item by shipping class – No shipping class (2.95) and heavy items (7.95).
United States Shipping is currently set at a flat rate of 2.95 dollar per item and additional item will be .50 cent added. For heavy items, a flat rate of 7.95.
International Shipping is currently set at a flat rate of 24.95 dollars per item and additional item will be .50 cent added.
We recommend our vendors to use USPS for postal service! As we grow, we will build a shipping feature onto your shop and checkout in the near future. Be on the lookout!
You can manage your shop finances in the Payment account in Vendor Dashboard. In your Payment account, you can pay your amount due (or your bill) and schedule the deposits of your sales funds.
To review your Payment account:
- On Reelfishingteam.com, click the Your Account icon, then click Manage your shop.
- Click Withdraw.
- Click Request Withdraw.
The amount available for deposit is your profits from recent sales made through RFT Payments minus applicable fees. If you have an amount due, you won’t have funds available for deposit.
If you have funds available for deposit, you’ll see when your funds will automatically deposit into your bank account.
You can click Request Withdraw to have your funds deposited the next day.
3. Shopping on RFT
Shopping on RFT can be exciting and supporting at the same time. RFT isn’t just a marketplace, but its a community of fishing enthusiast coming together and helping entrepreneurs build a brand of their dreams.
How to Contact a shop
To contact a shop about an order on Reelfishingteam.com:
- Sign in to Reelfishingteam.com
- Click or tap the Your Account icon.
- Click or tap Orders.
- Click on the order of the vendor you ordered from.
- Click or tap Message seller.
If you placed your order as a guest
If you ordered as a guest, you can reply to the email receipt your received when you placed your order. Search for email@example.com in your email inbox to find your receipt.
How to track your order
You can check the shipping status of your order on Reelfishingteam.com. If the seller added tracking information, you can check when your order should arrive. To track your purchase:
- Sign in to Reelfishingteam.com.
- Click the Your Account icon.
- Click Orders.
- Find your order.
- You’ll see the shipping status to the right of your order:
- Not Shipped: The seller hasn’t shipped the order yet or didn’t update the order on RFT.
- Shipped: The seller marked the order as shipped.
- In Transit: The seller added a tracking number and the package has left the shipping facility.
- Track package: If the seller added a tracking number, you’ll see Track Package. Click Track Package to see more tracking updates.
You can also see shipping information in the shipping notification emails for your order. Click Track Package in the email notification to view the status of your delivery.
Why wasn’t tracking information provided for my order?
Not all shipping methods include tracking information. You can contact the shop to see if they have tracking information for your order.
Where’s my order?
If you have more questions about your shipment, or if tracking information isn’t available, contact the seller for help.
Track your order without an RFT account
If you purchased using guest checkout, you’ll receive a confirmation email once your order has shipped. If your seller has included a tracking number, you can click Track your package at the top of the email.
If you have any questions for your seller, contact them by replying to the receipt that was emailed to you after purchase.
How to check out as a guest
You can check out as a guest. You can purchase most items on RFT without an account, with a few exceptions.
To check out as a guest:
- Add an item(s) to your cart.
- Click Cart.
- Choose how you’ll pay.
- Click Proceed to checkout.
- Type in your email address and click Continue to checkout. We’ll send your receipt to this email address. This doesn’t create an RFT account for you.
- Enter your shipping information.
- Click Continue to payment.
- Add your payment information.
- Click Review your order.
- Choose your shipping method and add an optional note to the seller.
- Click Place your order.
You’ll receive an email receipt for each shop that you purchased from. If you have a question for a seller, you can contact them by replying to the email receipt.
When your order ships, you’ll receive a shipping confirmation email from RFT. If the seller has provided a tracking number.
How to use a coupon code
If you have a coupon code for a shop, you can apply this when you check out:
- On Reelfishingteam.com, go to your Cart.
- Find the items from the shop you have a promo code for. If you’re buying items from more than you shop, your cart will be divided up by shop.
- Type or paste the code into the Coupon code box.
- Click Apply coupon.
Your coupon code applies only to the shop that offers that coupon. Shops are run by individual sellers, who manage their own promotions.
Our payment options is with Paypal and Stripe (Credit/Debit Card). Don’t worry! We process payments on our secure, SSL-encrypted platform to protect you and your buyers.